Yes to November

How beautifully leaves grow old.  How full of light and color are their last days.  ~John Burroughs  Fall in Central Park NYWell, kids, the leaves aren’t the only things growing older ‘round here.  Yes, T&C Mom soon will be heralding a milestone birthday—41 days and counting.  Oh, I hardly think I’m entering my “last days,” but I am still aiming for every day left—no matter how many there are—to be full of light and color.  File name            	:DSC_3928.JPG
File size            	:2.9MB(3071666Bytes)
Date taken           	:2004/11/04 03:03:57
Image size           	:3008 x 2000
Resolution           	:300 x 300 dpi
Number of bits       	:8bit/channel
Protection attribute 	:Off
Hide Attribute       	:Off
Camera ID            	:N/A
Camera               	:NIKON D70
Quality mode         	:N/A
Metering mode        	:Center-weighted
Exposure mode        	:Programmed auto
Speed light          	:No
Focal length         	:35 mm
Shutter speed        	:1/80second
Aperture             	:F6.3
Exposure compensation	:-0.3 EV
White Balance        	:N/A
Lens                 	:N/A
Flash sync mode      	:N/A
Exposure difference  	:N/A
Flexible program     	:N/A
Sensitivity          	:N/A
Sharpening           	:N/A
Image Type           	:Color
Color Mode           	:N/A
Hue adjustment       	:N/A
Saturation Control   	:N/A
Tone compensation    	:N/A
Latitude(GPS)        	:N/A
Longitude(GPS)       	:N/A
Altitude(GPS)        	:N/ATo that end, I started a new job today.  If you are a regular reader, then you might be thinking, didn’t she start a new job this summer?  Well, yes, I did, and although I enjoyed it, when an opportunity to take an editorial position presented itself, I jumped!  I’ve been freelancing off and on for almost 20 years, and I honestly thought that I was too old and the economy was too tough for me to be offered a serious position.  Happily, I was wrong!  God provided a wonderful opportunity for me with a growing company, and I am so grateful.  I’ll be doing something I love, and, unbelievably, I will work from home three days a week and in the office two.  Everyone in the T&C house is pretty happy about that! sailboats-fall-lNovember, slandered as drear and gloomy by far too many poets, also marks a 23-pound weight loss for me.  I’m rather tall, so it’s not a shocking transformation, but I feel great and optimistic as I enter my new decade.  Autumn_colors_new_york_skyline

And to start the celebration a wee bit early, three friends and I are heading to New York for a fabulous long weekend!   We are all excited as a girls’ weekend is long overdue!  And to make sure that I’m looking my best, the winsome Dani BP has created one of her famous color stories just for me! You can read about it here!  If you don’t know Dani’s blog, you must become acquainted.  She writes beautifully and without pretension about style, travel, cooking, and housekeeping.  She inspires me with every post!

What inspires you?  How do you bring light and color into your life?

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words!
    Congratulations to you on entering your new decade with incredible style: new job, feeling healthy and energetic, and cheerfully optimistic!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the new job and have a great time in the city--If you need any restaurant recommendations, let me know! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss!

    I am trying to squeeze in a few days in NYC before Christmas too. Not so easy with my friends :O/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images...I would like to be transported to Central Park long enough to take in the fall foliage! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new job and weight loss, dear friend! Have a great time in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and your new job and new healthy weight! I have also been freelancing for so long, I don't know if I would know how to handle a "real job." Though, I have moments when I think I would love to try!!!

    Enjoy your upcoming trip and here is an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the job, as another freelancer I can't imagine ever being offered a proper job again.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 23 pounds? I thought you already looked fantastic! But I know you feel even more fantastic. And New York City better watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What exciting times!!! Wishing you all the best! Have fun in NY! The leaves are gorgeous here so I can only imagine how great they are up there! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for you!

    Have fun, I know itwill be a memorable trip.

    Fondly,Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh T&C! Beautiful photos. Congratulations on the new job. I'm with you! And I am not surprised the job found you, given your writing talent. So happy for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what Dani put together for you-- you will feel great in these outfits in NYC. Congratulations on the weight loss! Whatever bday this is for you, you've reduced the risk of 150 diseases by shrinking. Yay for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the new job... and the weight loss too, 23 pounds is no small feat!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend getaway in NYC!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheers to you for a new job and your healthy living - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOU inspire me! Beautiful photos. I just lost seven lbs...but I am short...need some new clothes and I bet you do too. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great news on all fronts! Congratulations! I would love to have a paid writing position. You'll have to tell us all about it and about your trip and upcoming birthday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this