June bugs

If you live in the South or have ever visited the South, you know the sound of June bugs.  It’s rather a droning, buzzing noise that can be either a lovely bit of authentic white noise (when you are rocking on a well-screened porch) or a terrifying whine (when you are letting the dog out just before bed, and one of these beetles zooms by quite close to your head!).  Either way, I’ve decided that the back-logged blog posts in my brain have escalated from an easy-to-ignore drone to a shrill siren, saying, wriiiiitewriiiiitewriiiite!  So, here I go setting the June bugs free!

First up, a brief (mostly pictures, I promise) last look at Ted’s graduation.

IMG_1972We had some friends and family over for lunch before the 4 o’clock ceremony, and I thought it would be kind of fun to display some of Ted’s high school memorabilia.    The lunch was casual, and, everything could be served chilled or room temperature, which made it really easy.IMG_1980”Carolina Caviar” is one of my favorite summer salads; it’s perfect with almost everything!  IMG_1981Parmesan chicken fingers,IMG_1982fruit salad, and   IMG_1983miniature red velvet cupcakes rounded out the simple menu.  To drink, we had Arnold Palmers, a refreshing combination of sweet iced tea and lemonade served in a big ceramic urn that Little did her best to decorate with a dry erase marker that was on its last legs.IMG_1975IMG_1979IMG_1977 Dear friends made the day even more special!IMG_1998   If we could read Little’s thought bubble, I’m sure it would simply say “Ka-ching,” as she was quite interested in the loot!IMG_2006With Little, Lovely Girlfriend, and Sweet Grandparents.IMG_2025With buddy Sumner and Lovely, after graduation.IMG_2022 Indulging me, The Mister and Middle stand awkwardly in front of the setting for the “After Party.”  About 30 of us parents hosted a party at the Overlook Grill with great food and a fun band.  Unfortunately, the Grill is an outdoor venue, and torrential rains, lightning, and thunder all crashed the party.IMG_2028 Congratulations once again to the Class of 2010.  If you saw the post about their prom, then I think you’ll agree they are the “raining” class.

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't know a June bug if I saw one but my housekeeper said she is terrified of them and wouldn't think twice about running away screaming if she saw one!

    Congratulations to you son! You threw a great party! Your salad looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge congratulations to your son. What a nice-looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fabulous day in spite of the rain. Congrats to the graduates...and parents. Would you mind sharing the Carolina Cavier recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any important life event for me always involves rain, too. I always figured it was because I had naturally curly hair....always doomed to a bad hair day no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading about your son's prom and now, his graduation. Congratulations to him and to your family. It looked like a wonderful celebration and so colorful with all the pretty unbrellas. You have a good eye for an interesting picture. Thank you too, for your comment regarding my son's graduation. Don't you just love this time of year? Wishing you a wonderful summer with your family and friends. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am so excited about our upcoming visit! I will be in touch sooner to the date...

    Love these pics of your wonderful family. And Ted seems to be an amazing young man. How proud you must be. But PLEASE tell me he's not going to Clemson! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your son for his great accomplishment and to you for providing years of love and guidance which molded him into the young man he is today.

    Your luncheon looks delicious. Too bad about the party but I'm sure it didn't dampen the graduates spirits.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this