So long, Swoozie’s

If there had been a club called “I Swoon for Swoozie’s,” I would have been a member.  Truthfully, I’ve fed most of my paper addiction (stationery, cocktail napkins, invitations, wrapping paper, ribbon) at a couple of little local shops or in fun places I’ve found while traveling.  And, of course, there’s the random score at TJ Maxx.  But Swoozie’s, well, Swoozie’s had it all.  It was light and bright; the merchandising was clever; and the music was such a great compilation of tunes that you couldn’t help thinking about planning  a party. But. For complicated reasons I’m sure, Swoozie’s 44 stores have been sold to a liquidator, and, apparently, everything must go, down to the bare walls.n101474348222_6775So, today, I headed over to see what was left.  It was a bit of a spur-of-the-moment decision.  Little was at her acting class, and I had 45 minutes, which only gave me about 25 minutes in the store!  Still, I was able to find a few things that will go into the future gift stash—or not.  First some Lilly P. labels and stickers for gifts or for shipping or for Little’s lunch bag.l00074_multibamboopatchstationery_plthumbThen some Lilly pencils because somebody will enjoy having these on her desk next year.l00087_multibamboopatchstationery_plthumb A Lilly pen for me because none of the men in my life will walk away with this one!

l00065999g98_multipatchtastic_plthumb

Naturally, I found some cocktail napkins and some stationery and correspondence cards for Little, too.

Despite their difficult circumstances, the Swoozie’s girls were as cheerful and helpful as always.  One of the women tending the cash register told me that of the 44 stores, “our” store was 3rd in sales, making the loss especially painful for her.  She also told me that they still had 300 unopened boxes to put out and sell, so to stop back in soon.  I promised her that I would, and I will--  because I still swoon for Swoozie’s.

4 comments:

  1. What a shame - It's always so sad when a nice company goes out of business. But, you got some pretty things and more to come so it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a complete addiction to pretty pencils!

    and stationery stores. so sorry you are losing
    your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sad to hear - this economy is taking down some great companies. Glad to hear you came away with some great finds, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad. But you did get some great things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this