Hoppin’ Down the Bunny Trail

Despite the hectic pace of March, I did manage to put out a few decorations for Easter.  I love using old decorations that seem to blend with what we already have.IMG_1831 - Copy I bought these little chicks at an antiques fair years ago.  I think  Little was just about a month old, so, of course, I had to have three chicks.  Like my own brood, these chicks usually hang out in the kitchen.  It has become sort of a running joke in our family to re-arrange the chicks in funny little vignettes.  I always arrange them just so, and when I notice them next, they’ve been moved around to look as though they’re lost or gossiping (about their mother, of course).

IMG_1832 - CopyThese little bunnies can be found in the family room.  None of them are old, but they kind of look like they could be, I think.  My favorite is the one with the tinsel around his basket.  I found him when visiting a dear friend in Texas.IMG_1833 - CopyI put a few bowls of speckled eggs around on different tables in the family room and living room.  Sometimes I pour them all into two big glass hurricanes and use them on the dining room table.IMG_1834 - Copy The family room mantle gets a little taste of spring, too.

IMG_1836 - Copy

More speckled eggs, and I don’t remember where I got this bunny, but if you’ve ever read Robert Lawson’s Rabbit Hill, this bunny reminds me of Little Georgie, saying “New folks comin’”.  (And, if you haven’t read it, you really should!)IMG_1839 - Copy

Silver tray, moss bunnies, speckled eggs, and papier mache carrots that I purchased at a garden show in Atlanta quite a while ago.  Usually, this is on the sideboard, but I couldn’t get a good photo of it there.

So, nothing too over-the-top this year.  Next year, most likely I’ll be hosting the Easter brunch, and I’m thinking those little birds’ nests would make delightful place card holders!

I do love planning a party!

4 comments:

  1. I have never decorated for Easter... don't know why. Looking at your photos is quickly changing me tune! They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did far more than I, and it looks gorgeous! I also love the color scheme throughout your house - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Easter Decorations and photo's ...
    I'm sending you some Sunshine ... to award your inspiring blog with: The Sunshine Award :)
    Cheers Kris
    http://kristopherkdesign.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this