Dancing With My Stars

Back-to-back events left Middle and me with time on our hands, or rather, on our feet as the Mister and Little kicked up their heels at our church’s annual Sweetheart Father-Daughter Dance.  IMG_1906

Little sported a vintage, also known as a hand-me-down, Lilly dress for her night out with Daddy. IMG_1908 They started the evening with dinner out and then danced to beach music, the cha-cha slide, YMCA, and Hannah Montana—a school girl’s dream playlist. 

    The following night, Big  and Lovely Girlfriend set out for Big’s senior prom amid April showers that unfortunately turned out to be a relentless downpour.IMG_1911While Big and Lovely were posing for countless pictures, Lovely’s sister and her beau returned from turkey hunting!  I thought the couples made a cute contrast.  And don’t I wish I could look that good after returning home from being in the woods all day!  

IMG_1916IMG_1921After photos, we headed to a neighbor’s house for more pictures and for what was supposed to be dinner in the garden for about 25 seniors and their dates.  The rain prevented the garden setting, but the unflustered hostess and her corps of parents had moved everything inside and it looked as if it were meant to be.IMG_1922   IMG_1918CIMG8480 Happy Prom 2010!

9 comments:

  1. Great photos! Sounds like a fun weekend for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures, especially of Little and her dad, how sweet! I have always loved this time of year, proms and formals. I love to see the senoirs dusted off and cleaned up! (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. I remember the pre-prom party over here last year and loved having it. Yours looked like a fun time too. Loved the daddy-daughter dancing. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when I read this. As I got to the picture of your turkey hunting daughter, I looked out my window and within 10 yards of each other were 2 deer and 2 turkey.

    You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful phots and memories that were made.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! I am going to remember the great idea of throwing a dinner for the prom when ours are old enough to go! What a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos! Happy times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome young couple off to the prom! And that Father-Daughter dance- what fabulous memories for both of them. A beautiful family here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a memorable weekend! Love the Father/Daughter dance. I remember my F/D dance when I was younger. My sweet Daddy surprised me with my very first corsage...

    Oh, and Big looks so handsome! I know you were so proud of him...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this